Insurance & Fees
Do you accept insurance?
Due to our desire to make sure you maintain maximum privacy and wanting to provide you with the highest level of care possible without constraints from managed care, we are out-of-network providers. This means we do not accept reimbursement directly from insurance.
However, the good news is that your health insurance may reimburse you for a portion of the fee. PPO insurances typically reimburse around 50%. Unfortunately, HMO, Medi-Cal, and Medicare insurances do not reimburse as they require that you see someone on their panel. We encourage you to find out more regarding your eligibility for out-of-network benefits. We will provide you with the necessary paperwork to submit to your plan for reimbursement.
How do I find out more information about out of network reimbursement?
Call the customer service phone number on the back of your insurance card so you can ask questions about your coverage and make an informed decision. Here are some helpful questions to ask the representative:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits? What percentage will I be reimbursed?
- What is my out-of-network deductible? Does that include medical? Have I met it?
- Is any pre-approval required under any circumstances before obtaining out-of-network mental health services to be reimbursed?
- Do you cover procedural codes 90834 and 90847? (90834 for individual psychotherapy of 45-50 minutes; 90847 for family therapy) 90846 is the code used for a session when the client isn’t present including parent sessions. You can verify if your insurance will provide some reimbursement for this code as many insurances do not. Intake sessions are typically reimbursed.
- What is the maximum allowed amount for procedural codes 90834, 90847, 90846, or testing 96101? Understanding the maximum dollar amount that they cover will help you understand the reimbursement amount you will receive.
What are your fees?
The session fees depend upon the clinician you and your family choose to see for treatment. Please contact us directly to ask about our individual fees.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept all major forms of payment including cash, major credit cards, and checks.
What is your cancelation policy?
Please provide us with 24-hour cancelation prior to your appointment. It is difficult when cancellations are made with less than 24-hour notice as we hold a specific time slot for you. If you are unable to provide us with 24-hour notice than the full session fee will be charged for your appointment. For your convenience, we offer email and/or text message appointment reminders 24 hours prior to your appointment.